Selasa, 01 Februari 2011

TORRES: HAPPY TO BE BLUE


Following on from writing his name on his new Chelsea contract, Fernando Torres shared words with the Official Chelsea Website.
Our new striker has spent the last three and a half years regularly finding net against the Blues but having signed a long-term deal, he is looking forward to providing goals in his new club's quest for silverware...
Chelsea fans everywhere are happy that you can no longer score against their team.When I played against Chelsea there was always a big motivation because it was a special game, it was always one of the biggest games of the season. This is one of the reasons why I wanted to join Chelsea because I want to be part of this kind of team. I want to say thanks to the Chelsea fans because I have seen them very, very happy with me for joining Chelsea. If they are happy as well because I am not going to score any more against them then it is good.
I have good memories and bad memories of games against Chelsea. All the goals are good memories because all of them are special. I have a very bad memory of the semi-final of the Champions League in my first season in England when they beat us and they played the final and not us. It was a frustrating day for me but hopefully now I am here we can go through to the final together and win.
Why Chelsea and why now?I felt from last summer that I need to do a step forward in my career and for my ambition as a footballer. I am joining a team that is at the top level, there is not another level after Chelsea. I am joining with players like Chelsea have. I am joining with big names like Terry, Lampard, Drogba and Anelka and I can be part of this great team.
Also I wanted to join because Chelsea always have shown a big respect for me. They really want me and it is important when you have the support of the people in the club, and the support of the fans who always showed respect to me when I came to Stamford Bridge and at Anfield. Now I am very happy to be a Chelsea player.
It is good news that you can play in the Champions League this season. It is often not the case for January signings.
The Champions League is a big ambition and all the footballers want to play in it, it is a very important competition. But also Chelsea have the chance every season to win all the trophies that they play for, so when you have the chance to play in a team like this you cannot say no.
As a boy from Madrid, are you looking forward to playing in another capital city?Madrid is not as big as London but it is true when you are coming from a big city like Madrid, nothing is going to surprise you and I am very happy to move to a city like London. It is a big city and you can do everything you want with the respect that the English people always have. I am sure I am going to improve my lifestyle as well.
Unfortunately he is injured at the moment but this move gives you the chance to play again with Yossi Benayoun. At Liverpool you had a good on-pitch understanding with him. On the pitch and off the pitch as well. He is my friend and on the pitch we have a very good relationship. Hopefully he can play as soon as possible and he will be fully recovered. It is exciting the possibility to play with him again, but as well with my other new team mates.
How do you feel about working with Carlo Ancelotti?He has been showing all his career as a player and a coach that he is winner. He has the winning mentality and you see this in how he is coaching Chelsea so it is a wish to meet him and to know what he is expecting from me. I am excited about playing as soon as possible and learning about my coach and all my team-mates.
It appears your first game will be at Stamford Bridge on Sunday against Liverpool.
It is like the destiny. It is not perfect for me but we will see what happens and I only have good words about Liverpool. They made me a top player and gave me the chance to play at the top level. I will never say anything bad about Liverpool, I have been very happy there, but now the history is different and I am playing for Chelsea. If I have the chance to play I will do my best for Chelsea and hopefully I can score.
Finally, you are 26 years old now. Do people still call you El Nino?
Yes, many people and hopefully that will happen for many years because it makes me feel younger.

0 komentar:

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Modern Warfare 3
Hello
Denny
tel.:08389806xxxx
fax:
denny26397@hotmail.com
denny96.blogspot.com